Sunday, March 21, 2010

Liberty.

In Philadelphia in 1787, 55 men crafted a piece of writing that has never been matched in all of human history.

At the time, there was no nation on Earth governed with checks and balances on authority by those who were governed.

Our revolution has been the only true revolution of the people in human history. Every other "revolution" has ended in tyranny, and the oppressed people had to crawl their way back to the light.

The United States is unique. And a little weird.

The people of the United States have created for themselves something resembling that precious, lifegiving state: liberty. It was bought with blood.

But it will be taken away with paper. Thousands and thousands of pages of paper.

I intend to begin writing here to to sort out what we have, in laws and policy, and what we're losing in current and previous legislation. And possibly what we need to do to crawl back to liberty. I, like so many Americans, need to learn more about the Constitution, US and State Law, and the ideals behind them. I will try to be faithful to the facts but, as anyone who knows me can tell, I can't keep my opinions to myself. I hope you'll read them and respond.

No comments: