Tuesday, March 30, 2010

the constitution is free!

I'm working on something epic. EPIC. But you'll have to wait a bit longer to find out what it is. Or... I suppose you could just guess. That's cool too.

In the meantime, I just wanted to post a quick note about how to get a copy of the United States Constitution for FREE. On paper, I mean. It's all over the internet. But I love my pocket Constitution so much, I wish I had 300 more to hand out. Of course, mine's from the Girl Scouts, circa 1994, which makes it cooler than anyone else's.

(Mmmm. Thin mints.)

There are several different versions, and all are readily available. My second favorite is from the Heritage Foundation. All you have to do is follow this link and give them your address. You'll receive a pocket version in a couple weeks.

If you don't want the logo for a conservative think tank all over your copy, you can follow these links:

Constitution Facts (pay $3 shipping)
National Center For Constitutional Studies (pay $1 shipping for up to 9 copies)
Cato Institute (pay $4.95 for shipping)
TheCapitol.Net (send them a letter including two stamps)

Oh, you noticed? You mean the Heritage Foundation is the only organization that thinks it should be actually free? Those crazy conservatives. (And no, I didn't neglect to add anybody. These are the only legit sources I could find.) Of course, very few people actually know what the Heritage Foundation actually does, and it sounds harmless enough, so we can keep the embarrasing truth between us. I won't tell.

No comments: