Monday, July 20, 2009

one small step into the universe.

As anyone who reads my tweets knows, today was the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 lunar landing. I don't have a lot to say on it here, having exhausted myself on a number of occasions retelling the tale to the k-12 crowd that frequents the planetariums of the world.

And... any cashiers/medical staff I encountered today.

And... that one guy at that bar.

And... anyone who has ever listened to my drunken ramblings about how freaking amazing it all is.

I mean, really amazing. Have I told you how amazing it is? We went to the moon, man. The moon.

(Click to enlarge)

I would, however, like to extend a thank you to all the men and women who have ever been associated with the NASA Space Program through the years. I doubt any of them will ever read the fruit of my keyboard, but if I ever get the chance, I'll tell them personally:

You're my heroes.

No comments: